Nailed It!
Due to another amazing Groupon deal... a $250 value for $59.99 for a UV nail lamp, 3 UV nail polishes, top coat, base coat, and cuticle oil.... I've started another new adventure! Gel nails! I am however not doing the huge clear coat on top.. it's more like a shellac look. I really just want nail polish to stay on for a long time. That being said of course I peeled off my first set in less than a week... BUT to my defense they were peeling on the sides.. After reading some forums on the subject I'm pretty sure I know why it was peeling and why my next set already started chipping!! Ideally you don't want to get any polish on the cuticle or skin and you actually need to paint the front edge of the nail... I feel like that is much easier said than done.
This is my third attempt at my my own gel nails. I did end up using O.P.I. colors here which I found on Amazon. Fingers crossed that these little puppies last! I may or may not have ordered some brushes and other "nail art" tools for my next nail adventure :)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.